Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Type of business: Online Business Classroom and Community
Price: $0 Starter membership (Starter account), $47 per month (Premium) or $359 per year.
Owners: Kyle and Carson
My rating: 98 out of 100 (Highly recommended)
1 year ago before this very website that you’re looking at didn’t even exist yet, I was in the middle of “being scammed” as I was in another program called Dot Com Secrets X which was draining all my money dry.
I knew that I was being scammed because it had been 3 months since I’ve been in Dot Com Secrets X but have not made a SINGLE penny although I’ve followed all the modules and spent around $800 of my money every month paying for the membership and promotions which was leading me nowhere.
After spending all my money for nothing for a few months, I finally found the guts to Google out what everyone else is talking about regarding Dot Com Secrets X.
I found out that it definitely IS a scam and taht many people have lost their money which tore out all my hopes and dreams of ever making back all those money that I had spent.
I kept reading reviews after reviews until one day, I found stories similar to mine – being scammed but not wanting to give up and so many of them joined Wealthy Affiliate.
They never tried another program ever again.
I was curious on trying it out but at the same time very reluctant to try after losing that much money but after knowing that you can actually join for free without any time constraints which is very unlikely as many scams allow trials for only 7 days, I decided to give it a try in the end.
I was blown away by the community of common people who are very humble and share the same goal as me – to make money online.
The community is so diverse, there are housewives, school dropouts, even professionals like lawyers who want to learn and make money online the legitimate way and create a second income stream.
I was surprised as to how low-profile Wealthy Affiliate is as it doesn’t do all those aggressive marketing like other scam gurus do so I instantly regained my spirit and pushed myself to learn again one last time.
2 months afterwards, my website is generating me regular income streams of around $3,000 a month and I was so happy I wanted other people to find out about Wealthy Affiliate so I started looking back at those scams and uncover their plots one by one (Click here to see the list of scams that I have reviewed).
Today, my website is generating regular income for me every month and growing consistently (Having a website means more people will find you) and I am even planning to start 2 more websites on February 2015.
I learned the hard way that there is NO such thing as making millions overnight so if you are like me – believing that efforts will pay off, then Wealthy Affiliate is definitely for you so do read my review below to know more about this particular program.
What is Wealthy Affiliate? (And How Does it Work).
WA is an Online Business Course which teaches you how to make money out of any passion you have, by building a WordPress website.
In other words, Wealthy Affiliate teaches you how to become an Affiliate Marketer and here’s how the process goes…
So you see, don’t even NEED to sell!
All you have to do is to provide information to what people are searching online.
By doing that, people will be thankful for you so from there, all you need to do is recommend them to Amazon which will do the rest.
Don’t worry about website building, it is actually easier today than several years ago as you don’t need prior knowledge at all.
The website building is the easy part, driving visitors to your site is another which is why after you’ve built your website, your next task at hand is to drive traffic (Website visitors) and don’t worry!
You won’t need to spend a single cent on marketing because all you need to do is rank your website on the first page of Google which is also covered at Wealthy Affiliate.
This is how my website looks like on Google (And so will yours)…
Admit it, even you will be proud enough to tell your friends of your achievements when you managed to get your website up there as it is no small feat.
Once your website is on the first page of Google, it will stay there forever and that is how you’ll get endless traffic for free.
One last note that I’d like to add is that the amount of money you’ll be getting is dependent on the amount of people you can attract to your site because no matter how beautiful your site looks like, it won’t make money if nobody is the in the first place right?
Rest assured could easily make $10 a day or $1000 a day or anywhere in between with Internet Marketing if you put in effort.
It is important to take not that you WON’T be making money overnight though, because Google needs time to know you are serious and that your website is a quality one.
Here’s how your website will look like initially…
The first few weeks will be rough but in the end, hard work will pay off and your visitor rate will shoot off the roof as how it did on my site as well.
So what are you waiting for?
Pros and Cons
There are lot of features that I will sharing with you later on but here’s a breakdown of the pros and cons within this program…
- Lessons are always updated – How you earn money is through your website and in order for that to happen, your website needs to be in tip-top position to prepare itself for Google’s regular system update. Because of that, Kyle and Carson (The owners) regularly mingle around to share news and new tips.
- Suitable for both beginners and experts – Since the lessons themselves are regularly updated with helpful community members who also post new tips as well, knowledge is never ending in Wealthy Affiliate.
- Classroom-based learning – There are 13 full interactive classroom with tasks to complete.
- Suitable for any niche – Wealthy Affiliate teaches you how to make money from your website from any passion you may have so you can choose any niche possible from gaming to gardening. Not the passionate type? No worries, you can promote Wealthy Affiliate itself!
- 10,000’s of members – Wouldn’t it be nice to have to meet people just as enthusiastic as you fighting for the same cause? In Wealthy Affiliate, people from all walks of life be it students, unemployed, or even professionals are there to learn. That remind me…
- You’ll never run out of motivation – Since there are so many people who are just only starting out in Wealthy Affiliate, you will tend to feel motivated to make more money than the person who joined only 2 days after you.
- Live Chat – Having a community shows how powerful a program is and in Wealthy Affiliate, you can chat with just about anyone on the live chat bar to get instant help!
- Spam-free community – It always amazes me as to how kind people are over there. There are over 10,000 members within Wealthy Affiliate which is clearly a great spot to promote something. Still, nobody promoted anything which gives you a clearer mind to focus on learning.
- NO hidden upsells – Have you ever joined a program online which shows the price is $2 (For example) but the moment you made that purchase, you will be bombarded with many different upsells which costs 10 times more? Rest assured, Wealthy Affiliate has none of those.
- Free webhosting – Wealthy Affiliate has their own state-of-the-art customized webhost which they provide for premium members. Since the whole program is focused on helping you create quality websites, the webhost is made specialized for WordPress which also shows your website’s performance which is pretty cool.
- Free websites – First, free webhost and now free website? What more could you ask!
- It will probably take you at least 2-3 weeks in order to get your first sale – Building a website may take time as Google needs to understand what you’re doing fist before you can rank of the first page. If you are looking for ways to make money overnight, I’m afraid this program is not for you but if you believe hard work will pay off, then this is perfect program for you.
- You won’t make millions – Wealthy Affiliate is not a get-rich-quick scheme and it is important to have realistic expectations before you get started. On average, I have seen people earning around $300 – $700 on their first month. It may be a small amount but businesses start small and only after that will your website start snowballing and earn you more sales.
- Do not get stuck in the “Learning only” mode – There are some great knowledge to be learned from Wealthy Affiliate and I have seen many people (Including me sometimes) learn but not Knowledge have never been so sweet, especially if you have been looking for that answer all your life but what good is knowledge if there’s no action, right?
Is Wealthy Affiliate Safe?
Safer now than ever.
As an Online Business platform, Wealthy Affiliate uses WordPress due to its speed, popularity and ease of use (You don’t need prior knowledge).
For those who haven’t heard of WordPress, it is the number one mostly-used Content Management System (CMS) in the world and if you don’t know that a CMS is, well it’s basically a tool which controls everything on your website so you don’t have to go through all those technical stuff.
Bloggers use WordPress, eCommerce sites use WordPress, and I’m using WordPress too, as well as many Online Entrepreneurs.
Oh yeah and these few companies too…
However, one thing you need to know about WordPress is that due to its popularity, there are a lot of hackers taking advantage of unwary beginners which is why building a website should not be done alone.
You need an education community to go to in case something happens and also to safeguard your Online Business which is also what Wealthy Affiliate specializes in.
Take a look at this…
Wealthy Affiliate has its own private webhosting for members and since we revel in WordPress, security is our number one concern and also our strength!
You can always rely on Kyle and Carson (The owners) to help you out if you’re stuck (Or even ask me!) and in their free time, they help improve your overall experience in Wealthy Affiliate. (P/S – The security update was my idea 😉 )
Wealthy Affiliate Tools and Training – Your Weapons of Success.
Training is abundant in WA and new information is added every week. A lot?
But as the saying goes, “You’re never too old to learn!” so here’s a breakdown of the training provided:
- Live video classes every week with questions and answers period.
- Access to all previous questions other members have asked OR are asking currently.
- Organized classrooms (on Specific topics)
- Interactive discussions
- Task-Based courses
With all those training, you are going to need to implement them afterwards in order to catapult your website further.
For this reason, WA also provides complimentary top notch tools that you can get within WA itself instead of buying more services outside:
- Keyword and competition research tool (to help you take advantage of low competition words for Google)
- WordPress Express (3 click website builder)
- Access to over 1,400 website templates/themes
- Rapid Writer, your content “friend”
- Unlimited website hosting for business (premium members only)
So Who is Wealthy Affiliate For?
Everyone! – From newbies to experts alike.
It doesn’t matter how old you are, what qualifications you have, whether you are a work from home mom, whether you even go to college or not or even if you’re unemployed!
Here, take a look at this screenshot of ambassadorship within Wealthy Affiliate…
The list goes on for those ambassadors but what I wanted to point out to you is that the beautiful thing about being an ambassador is that anyone can do it!
You get the ambassador title randomly depending on your activities on Wealthy Affiliate, how helpful you are, how communicative you are, and how performing your website is.
When you join Wealthy Affiliate, don’t be surprised that most newcomers are fresh newbies of the Internet Marketing world (Like me!), meaning that they have no experience on making money online!
But as they go through the lessons provided, they develop and eventually surpass even the most established members (Except for Kyle and Carson because they are the founders after all 😉 ) there so yes, everyone is equal here.
Can I Really Create a Website About Anything At All?
Of course you can.
Wealthy Affiliate applies for all types of interests that you have whether it’s gardening, meditation, or even a beer blog!
I’m more of a show person rather than telling one so here are some of my friends from Wealthy Affiliate who proved that you can take any type of passion that you have and make an awesome money-making website out of it…
Website niche #1 – Flats for women
VeryDressyFlats.com is a women’s shoe blog created by Carla who is a member of Wealthy Affiliate.
To be honest, I have no clue whatsoever on girls shoe fashion but Carla does and she proved that her passion for it allowed to make money out of it.
Now let’s see if the website really is successful and ranks in Google…
Mamma Mia, it does!
As you can see Carla’s website ranks number 1 and she even beat Amazon.com which is a powerhouse company and is more well-known!
Carla joined Wealthy Affiliate on July 16, 2014 without having any experience on making money online but she quickly went up the ladder and become one of the most popular members there.
Here’s a look on Carla’s website…
She’s inspired many members including me and oddly enough, sometimes I feel like starting a shoe blog for women myself!
Website niche #2 – Advice for mothers
Mosm.info is a website created by Angela which gives mothers advice from a real mother’s point of view.
I know what you’re thinking – “This website doesn’t look pretty! Therefore it’s not successful!”
Let’s ask Google if being “pretty” can stop a website from being successful…
What I like about Angela is that she proved that content is more important than making your website look pretty.
Sure making your website look nice is great but remember that the main thing people come to your website is because they want information, NOT to just stare at pretty pictures.
Have you heard of Craigslist?
It is one of those websites which are successful because of the content that it has, not the visuals.
And did you know that Angela too, is a member of Wealthy Affiliate?
What is even more shocking is that Angela only joined Wealthy Affiliate on September 2014 but already she is in the top 10 Ambassadors which is pretty cool.
Angela proved there is equal opportunity for everyone to grow their business no matter what your background is because if a humble grandmother can become way more successful than her daughter, why couldn’t you?
Website niche #3 – Blog for beer!
This is one of my favourites – Brew7.com created by Nathaniel.
Nathaniel loves his beers and he proved that no matter how weird your passion is, you can make a website out of it and there will ALWAYS be a market who are willing to buy.
Now let’s see if Brew7.com goes well with Google…
By Odin’s beard! It’s on the first page of Google!
It is VERY successful in fact, that Nathaniel scored first position and he even beat other more established websites such as the popular Dummies.com which has books all around the world in every bookstore.
How cool is that?
Nathaniel is also a member of Wealthy Affiliate and is one of the oldest ones at that as he has been one since 2010!
Yet he’s very humble and approachable which spends his time helping out his second family – Wealthy Affiliate.
Surround Yourself With Those in the Same Mission As You!
Getting stuck is the number one reason internet marketers fail.
You can join as many home-business programs as you want but if you don’t get help and direction whenever you’re stuck, you won’t get far but it’s different in here because as you join, you get to meet all sorts of people from various backgrounds welcoming you.
Look at the picture above, I was surprised when the founder Kyle was welcoming me the moment I joined Wealthy affiliate! Okay I was exaggerating a little bit, it was actually one day after I joined when Kyle started talking to me but he did!
Wealthy Affiliate has 2 founders – Kyle and Carson. And both of them really care about how the well-being of the users because no matter how busy they get, they will still try to find time to reply you (Although it may take 2-3 days).
And it’s not just a one-time support where other programs will tend charge you higher if you want to speak with the seniors, no. Everyone is equals here which is why we get a long pretty fine and you’ll get access to speak with anyone without pressure of paying more.
In fact, I ask for help a lot and although my questions are really annoying because I have no background in website building and even after a year, Carson still finds time to reply me…
Having the founder himself guiding and talking to you will really make you feel valued as it shows responsibility and trust because the person who created the program himself will always be there for you.
There are loads more benefits of having a community such as…
- Hope in dark times – When you’re feeling down or depressed, having a supportive community who understands exactly how you feel may be just the remedy to get you back in action.
- Faster support – The community can help you answer your questions faster than relying on support tickets which would take days to reply.
- Personal advice – You can even ask for advice from the senior members on what methods or tricks they are using to give you a powerful edge.
- Greater motivation – A community will motivate you to work harder as you will ultimately feel envious when others who start about the same time as you, are already achieving massive success.
- Expert feedback – What better way to get professional feedback from experts themselves? People pay for this consultation while we get it for free!
How Much Does it Cost?
There are 2 types of membership that you could choose:
Starter membership: $0 (Join here)
Premium membership: $47 per month or $359 per year (join here)
Wealthy Affiliate may not be the hottest product in the market but after reaching their targeted goal of having 200,000 members, Kyle and Carson decided to open up the doors to more people by introducing the Starter membership which you could join for free.
So how long can you join for free? For as long as you like!
Unlike other home business programs which gives you only a few weeks to try out like Dot Com Secrets X (2 weeks) and Google Sniper 2.0 (7 days), the Wealthy Affiliate membership allows you to join for as long as you like until you’re ready to join as a premium member.
So do take advantage of that and experience the Wealthy Affiliate platform first-hand.
After you have learned everything there is to know about (And make some money along the way), you will want to consider joining as a premium member.
It’s designed to help you gain an edge in your online business by removing those pesky problems we tend to face like expensive hosting fees, pesky keyword tool fees, those website builder fees, searching the net tirelessly for answers, outsourcing people to help… all those removed with a low payment.
The membership contains EVERYTHING you need to know about making your first dollar online. You can look at the premium membership as a living breathing Wikipedia whereby people can just give you answers whenever you’re stuck or even give advice to boost your income.
Make Your First Sale and Share Your Stories!
Every day, there are hundreds of people who make their first sale at Wealthy Affiliate.
They share their happiness with the world and I really love reading their success stories as it warms my heart seeing how happy they are.
It would really make my day if you were there too and I would do everything in my power to guide you into making your first sale as how these people have…
My Final Word + Bonus Gift
Wealthy Affiliate is my #1 ranked program on my top 10 list of legitimate home business programs and it receives my rating of 98 out of 100.
Bear in mind that it is also not a get rich quick scheme and to start making money on your website, you need time for Google to recognize it so only after that will you start and get your endless supply of visitors thus your income.
I’ve been part of Wealthy Affiliate for close to a year now and still am so should you decide to join, my username within the community is “Riaz”. Do drop by and say hello!
I will also give you a bonus if you decide to join as a PREMIUM within the first 7 days (including a 59% discount).
This is something i’d like to call an “action takers” bonus as I would really want to help you out by giving you you my personal guidance and some cool traffic building tips I have learned to build up my business from scratch.
I look forward to meeting you, and I’ll see you there!
If you have any questions regarding Wealthy Affiliate, please do leave them below and I’ll be more than happy to reply.
P/S – If you haven’t already, click here to check out Wealthy Affiliate.