Name: Clickbank Pirate
Type of Business: Clickbank Affiliate Maketing
Price: $67 then $37/month with a $195 upsell
Owners: Soren Jordansen and Cindy Battye
Overall Rank: 40 out of 100 (SCAM)
Aye I have to admit, I was attracted to Clickbank Pirate because of the theme.
I mean who doesn’t like pirates?
I believe that it’s actually really catchy, especially after the release of Pirates of the Carribean which in indeed a great time to sell anything pirate-related.
And when it involves money, a lot of people just fall for it including me.
Despite the cool theme, Clickbank Pirate didn’t live up to their expectations so here’s my full review on this particular product.
Pros and Cons
- Awesome pirate visuals (I’m a loser for pirates)
- Easy to get a refund since it’s a Clickbank product
- The cost is very pricey for a simple education course on affiliate marketing.
- Lessons do not cover SEO, which is a huge part of affiliate marketing. In fact, it hurts SEO by doing duplicating websites. (An affiliate marketing course with no proper SEO training? Come on!)
- The lessons are so simple that you could actually learn yourself and do it for free elsewhere instead of paying a pricey monthly cost for it.
- You will be doing cloned websites that are of cheap quality.
- The program DOESN’T update its lessons since it was created in 2009 which explains why the lessons are so outdated.
- NO trial.
- “Requires no work” is a blatant lie they make to attract you into buying. I’ve been in this industry for 4 years and believe me when I say that affiliate marketing takes time and hard work. After all, you’re building a website which of course has a lot to add in am I right?
- You have NO CONTROL over your own list that you have tirelessly built. Your list is the property of Clickbank Pirate which means that if you are no longer a member, the Clickbank Pirate team will take your list away from you. Logically speaking, they have no right to do that considering that it’s your business and your hard work that gave you that!
Golly, that’s a lot of Cons! Better check out my #1 recommended program here instead!
What is Clickbank Pirate All About?
Created by Soren Jordansen and Cindy Battye, ClickBank Pirate is an affiliate online business course which teaches you how to get money by selling products on your website.
To cut things short, all you need to do is promote Clickbank Pirate through an affiliate link that you will be getting.
And inside the course, you will learn all sorts of methods JUST to drive more traffic to your affiliate link and hope for some conversions which you will be getting 50% commission from.
The marketing methods revolve largely upon the duplication of websites and content to make your business “legit” but really, it definitely isn’t because you are merely copy and pasting stuff to make your website look original.
Clickbank Pirate Red Flags
There are cons that you can either ignore or give a blind eye to but when it comes to red flags, these are the ones that you need to personally make it your business to know.
Here are few of the red flags that I’ve encountered:
1) You have NO control over your list
In the internet marketing industry, we have this saying that “the money is in the list”.
By list, I mean a list of subscribers which opt-in to your site.
If you’re new to the World of internet marketing, you might wonder why is a list so important and why am I getting upset over a small list.
Well for starters, a list of subscribers can mean a HUGE amount of money.
Imagine you have a list of 5,000 people.
And say that Clickbank Pirate has a 50% chance of getting a sale from people, WHICH means that about 2,500 people will buy your product!
Secondly, building a list is hard work because you have to put in time and energy for marketing so it is certainly yours because you earned it so why do you have to give it away to people?
2) There is ONLY one niche
How ridiculous is that?
For an affiliate marketing course, you are supposed to have the freedom to choose any niche you want.
If you don’t know what affiliate marketing is, it’s basically a practice of selling other people’s products in exchange for commission so you can say that it’s like being a salesman in the real world, only that affiliate marketing is online.
Therefore an affiliate marketing course should give you the freedom of choosing what products you wish to promote which doesn’t seem to be the case for Clickbank Pirate as they only want you to promote the Making Money Online (MMO) niche.
3) No proper analytic tools (Low quality tools)
How would you feel if you spent all your money on a promotion but NOT getting any information on your results?
Clickbank Pirate has very low quality tools which DOESN’T even give you information on proper tracking.
You can only find out if someone clicks on your link and how many conversions you are getting which is not a very detailed information.
Even Google does better at doing analytics and you can create accounts for free at Google analytics and Google webmasters!
If you’re curious, here’s a free video on how to set up Google Analytics and Google Webmaster if you want better and detailed results on your website.
Learning about the results of any marketing campaigns you have done is important because it is like a split-test – you keep which methods are giving you the best results and stop the remaining methods that doesn’t convert as much.
Tools and Training
Here are the type of trainings that will be covered in Clickbank Pirate:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Email list-building
- Exchanging email lists
You will be getting a few tools that you can use which of course in my humble opinion, is not worth the huge monthly cost as there are better programs out there which gives you access to their tools for free:
- Pre-loaded WordPress blogs – hosted by Clickbank Pirate and already set up for you which in other words means cloned site.
- Pre-written content and banners – For you to copy and paste which doesn’t go well with Google.
- 5 Pre made niche landing pages – For you to capture leads.
- Free auto responder – very risky as your list will be controlled by them.
- PLR articles – second hand eBooks which you can promote as your own.
Is Quality Better Than Quantity?
By now, you should have gotten the idea that duplicated content as taught in Clickbank Pirate doesn’t go well with Google.
There is a program which also teaches you affiliate marketing called Wealthy Affiliate which I would recommend you to join any day rather than Clickbank pirate.
The main reason?
Simple, quality education on proper website SEO which is legitimate with Google.
Take a look what I mean by that…
As you can see, my website managed to get on the first page of Google (Still so psyched!) because I followed all the rules laid out by Google, NOT by using cheap Blackhat tricks like duplicating content.
And once you get your website on the first page of Google, traffic (visitors) will come to your website non-stop and THAT is what it means by an automatic cash machine as your visitors will turn into buyers because your website is so awesome.
Sure having multiple websites is cool but what use are they if nobody can find them on Google in the first place?
That is why if you are really interested in making money by building a legitimate website of your own, I would recommend Wealthy Affiliate rather than Clickbank Pirate:
My Final Word
I’m going to come clean and tell you that you can actually make money with Clickbank Pirate.
However due to the limit of choices on what products to promote, the outdated modules since 2009 as well as the illegal black hat website duplication methods you will be doing once inside, I would never recommend Clickbank Pirate to anyone because it is a SCAM and receives a 40 out of 100 rating.
If you’re really interested in building a viable business online and make some honest income, check out my #1 recommended program here instead.
Thanks for reading, do share your comments below as I’ll be more than happy to reply 🙂
your friend Riaz